adrastus-ao forums
May 25, 2019, 01:10:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: adrastus.com & adrastus.org are now linked to this site!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: So........ after 2.5 years is it worth it?  (Read 8653 times)
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »

Well we waited and waited and waited. From you guys playing the expansion is it worth it? or is it buggy as hell and just an excuse for us to farm aliens for nothing for months on end?

In other words, should i give up my gimpy level 40 priest in WoW to come back or am i going to be dissapointed again?

Inquiring minds want to know. Your impressions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bunnz
gondul
Global Moderator
Experienced

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:59:56 PM »

Even if you don't come back, you should give up the priest  Tongue

-Gondul

Do unto others, then run...
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:20:24 PM »

geesh Gondul thanks for the wisdom. LoL i like my priest. but i'm guildless and solo mostly so not really the "heal monkey" i was in AO.

So guess this means i shouldn't come back. kk i get the hint  Wink

Smiley Bunnz
Kelpy
Members
Freshman

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:27:55 PM »

I'm still catching up on AI stuff, so I'm afraid I don't have an impression on LE to share yet.   Wink    But maybe Atre or Talien can give you more details / pros / cons / etc.

The general consensus seems to be positive, which is a first for a Funcom expansion.  Tongue

gondul
Global Moderator
Experienced

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:33:28 PM »

I just meant that you shouldn't get ensnared by teh ev0l WoW! Sad I don't have an impression of LE yet to provide, as I still have to finish off NWN2  (although I must say, Fixers didn't get the lovin' i was hoping for)  Tongue

-Gondul

Do unto others, then run...
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:27:45 AM »

well, just trying it out for a couple of days, the research thing is pretty cool because your choices aren't exclusive.  meaning, when you go with one line, you don't lose the ability to go with another.  you just have to keep grinding it of course.  but perks and ai seem to lock you in and you have that whole reset malarky. 

i just saw someone rolling around in a mech warrior, looked pretty cool.  i hear omni can't pvp for **** in the battlestations, but people seem to enjoy them anyhow.  also, of course, the loots are phat, and, because they made it like wow in that you can buy the phat loots with victory points (read faction), you don't have to have two rbp's and a squillion creds to buy the stuff, just grind the pvp and the mishes. 

so, it's still the buggy game as it was before, still has that damn typo in mordeth garden to go to infernoi blah blah.  but it's still also pretty cool.
Tykahndrius
Members
Apprentice

djkidfunky@hotmail.com djkidfnky
Email
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:08:02 AM »

geesh Gondul thanks for the wisdom. LoL i like my priest. but i'm guildless and solo mostly so not really the "heal monkey" i was in AO.

Just move to my server so you can be just like me and be a heal bitch without a home!   I swear I spend more time healing at DM's then I do actually trying to level my craptastic preist!
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 04:49:03 PM »

Just move to my server so you can be just like me and be a heal bitch without a home!   I swear I spend more time healing at DM's then I do actually trying to level my craptastic preist!

LoL and how is this different than in AO? you never friggin leveled in AO either Mr Dorktastic.

I'm not moving servers, I finally have a lock on the enchanting mat market on mine and am racking in the dough.

Tyka a priest? hmmm thought you "didn't play WoW".

Thanks for the feedback Jutters. sounds like an interesting expansion.

Bunnz
Bachareal
Members
Freshman

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

jutters gives quality informations?!? OH NOES!!!!
Thrice
Freshman

porkhizil@hotmail.com porkhizil
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:40:52 AM »

i played LE last night.... lol. all the procs u get form research shit is bugged, 1 proc would basically lower my and bane's inits by 2k, my heal proc would heal our enemy, and the doc proc does 10 dmg, and isnt a dot, just a 10extra dmg, and all of this is based of successful ranged attacks. so ya, retarded. but the new alien missions where kinda fun, but fc still needs to learn more hp does not = harder! just annoying.

oh and to 'grind' research you just go out and sk, and move a slider and work through lines that are broken. check out aomainframe whatever and see what we get. the pvp weapons/armor look like crap for us as well. so farm im not impressed, but i had fun running ado brink w/ ad2, leaving bane to tank, and pulling all of addhill + more i could find to him and make him tank Tongue

the way the new perks or whatever work, is you choose a tree, there are 7 trees for each class, and in the 7 tree's is 10ranks, you can then put a % of ur sk/xp towards the research, but it caps, like only 2sk for rank 1, 20 for rank 2 and so on... you can only lvl 1 skill at a time, i got 2 or my 7 trees to rank 7 last night just screwing around. its weird, ud have to see it

---

as for wow, i still play it, still help run a guild and still raid regularly. atm my toy is a undead lock Tongue old lovetoys where a undead priest and a tauren druid, when im not in ao im goofin off on my new druid for fun... might make a pally come xpac as not many in my guild want to reroll so ill do it to help, and a pally is the closest thing to a doc in ao, more so then a priest, when it comes to longevity. but undead shadow priest = fun Tongue
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:48:44 AM by Thrice » Logged
Tykahndrius
Members
Apprentice

djkidfunky@hotmail.com djkidfnky
Email
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »

roll it on my server you twat!  Tired of yelling at people I don't know,  I'd so much rather yell at people I do know!
Atredivum
Administrator
Neophyte

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »

Procs are bugged left and right. The grind for research isn't "terrible" and you can move the research goal at any time during the grind. New patch to fix a lot of the initial bugs is due tomorrow. The battlestations are fun because you can jump right back in the action like a first person shooter. The downfall is that zerg tactics still show in the battlestations. There doesn't seem to be a side limit per instance. The good news is that there isn't any obvious demand on you to go to battelstations.

All in all it is simply a bit more content to keep people pacified for a bit longer. It isn't what I personally expect as an expansion, but it is typical FC (excluding SL).

And hallo to you Bunny
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »

Hi Atre! hows the newest Froob? everyone happy healthy?

Smiley Bunnz
Atredivum
Administrator
Neophyte

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »

Hi Atre! hows the newest Froob? everyone happy healthy?

Smiley Bunnz

Number 3 was born a few weeks ago and is doing well. The typical cold is running thru the household atm, but nothing some Christmas gifts doesn't fix Wink
Kelpy
Members
Freshman

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 08:49:19 AM »

1.  The Battlestation reminds me a lot of Arathi Basin in WoW, where you capture and gather resources. First side to <?> wins. And I have to say last night's matches were a lot of fun.  Wink  Omni was kicking ass

2.  I like that when you enter BS, you lose all your buffs so you can't have level 20's with HnQ, etc.  (FC was actually thinking?)

3.  It does look like they've put a limit as to how many from each side enters at one time cause last night there was always a queue

4.  The amount of VP per Battlestation win has increased, so for each match that we, we got 1100 - 1300 per

5.  The alien missions are really cool giving AXP and VP, but the mobs are insane. Supposedly they were "balanced" in yesterday's patch, but I haven't tried it yet. 

6.  Is it just me, or does research seem really easy to get??  Huh  The patch this week also fixed some of the lines.  The patch this week fixed A LOT of stuff which again makes me think that FC has a total of 2 developers working on AO. (i.e. easy stuff like that should be working on release)

7.  220's no longer nerf SK for folks, so everyone has a "Ding 220" button. Inferno mish hard, anyone? Pink spam galore. 

8.  Some of the armor and weapons are not bad endgame choices, but even FC has said that the combined armors are meant to be endgame, where as the Ofab stuff is meant to be the in-between from Tier3 to Combined.  Seems lame the high end stuff is still the same after 2? 3? years

LE added some new content that will provide some temporary entertainment for 220's.  I don't think it was worth $30 and should have been a content patch.  I hate to say it, but I get the feeling FC is focusing all their resources on Conan and they don't have long term plans for AO.  Sad

But AO is still AO, and it's still the game I love and hate.

and oh yeah - nerf NT's!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: