adrastus-ao forums
August 16, 2018, 11:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: adrastus.com & adrastus.org are now linked to this site!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Secret World  (Read 13973 times)
gondul
Global Moderator
Experienced

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Don't have much time to play atm... and vacation is coming soon.  (Plus I need a new computer.)  Perhaps after.

-Gon

Do unto others, then run...
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »

My guild in WoW just went poof and F*ck Diablo, it bores me... soo... tempted... GWII coming... blah!
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »

My guild in WoW just went poof and F*ck Diablo, it bores me... soo... tempted... GWII coming... blah!

I still have a buddy key to give away, gives you unlimited access for 24 hours, just let me know your email and I'll get it sent.  I am actually blown away with how good TSW  I haven't had this much mmo fun for ages, the world is so detailed it really has to be experienced.  Sure the difficulty is brutal by today's standards but once you've blown away those years of hand holding and fluffiness you start to appreciate how good this game is.  FC have hit the ball out of the park with this one
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »

PM sent Arc - thanks Smiley
Aradda
Members
Freshman

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 06:47:23 AM »

mmmm half tempted to try TSW as well with that kind of endorsement.
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »

It is good, although it plays a bit like a solo game at points.  It has dungeons in every zone and open end pvp you can just join or quit so you can get your mmo on if you like.  The one thing is I think that cabals aren't that important for pvp, so, meh.  No one will ever bring back true land control like AO!!!!

But the classless thing is great, the no levels thing is great (you can go to any dungeon any time), and the story line quests and investigation missions are really awesome.  It's like everyone in as agent in AO, but you can use everything that class can use.   I happen to like the present day world setting, and don't think you'll be killing zombies for the entire game just because of the starting zone, it switches up.  The content updates will be important.

One thing, Arcvile, I think I need to move to a different cabal.  Everyone in that cabal is pretty much eu timezone, which is at least 8 hours ahead of me.  I frequently log in at 8 pm my time (oregon, US), and no one else is on.   So I think i have to find a us timezone based cabal.  :/

Did you try it bunnz?
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

Jutters, try an dhave a word with Valenchor, he has a group of US players he is trying to get into the cabal, also might be worth spreading the word about PK during your time zone, maybe get the script of knoodlepot or kaaz
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »

No one will ever bring back true land control like AO!!!!

PlanetSide 2 Cheesy

Even better, in my opinion.  Only downside is it is an FPS, so requires a little more twitch work.  But, there are ways around that too.  Vehicles!
Atredivum
Administrator
Neophyte

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 07:27:49 AM »

I still miss those stressful late nights fighting for land in AO. Good times and I would do it all over again! All of the new games look short lived and I doubt I can get in depth in panda land when it releases.
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »

Atre aren't your kids in college yet?  You must be close to the empty nest already.  Come on Dood!!!!!

It does suck that no mmo will do the notum wars concept.  I really don't understand why it was never really tried by a major mmo like rift or warhammer or something.  Heck I thought AoC would at least try something like it.  PVP will never really matter to me until someone has something they build that I can destroy, or until I get the message:

Nockle has just attacked your Tower!!!
Tower at 75 percent HP!!!

or whatever it used to say.
Atredivum
Administrator
Neophyte

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

They are 11, 7, and 5 now. The oldest starts middle school soon and it makes me feel old. I can't try all the games myself but I know Sil tends to sample a lot of them and speak about it. I have heard that GW2 and Rift has the closest similarities but I think I enjoy the memories of AO fights more than the game itself. People seemed a lot nicer compared to all the asshats I met playing WoW competitively.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

AO community was awesome, early days of WoW were pretty good to, but nowadays the community outside of your org tends to blow, however the TSW community by mdern standards is good, not a patch on AO but a 100 times better than WoW, Rift or SWToR.
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »

My current hopes are hinging on GW2 and PlanetSide 2.  I've also been dabbling with FireFall.  All are still in some form of Beta.

Rift recognized they screwed up their entire game by just doing 2 factions, by moving to a 3 faction meta-faction system.  However, there is no personal bonding as you can change sides each meta-game.  Just no attachment factor.  As Jutters pointed out, that makes all the difference when you consider it yours.

GW2 has the best chance to mimic AO style tower battles and mechanics.

I just wished there were more efforts out there.  My guess is they'll wait to see how GW2 does.  If that bombs, you might see a major de-investment in MMOs.
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »

I think tubs may at least max it and break all the records for a month before he splits for something else.

lol...naaa..I can't get my head into any mmo at all lately. Just ios games...go figure..maybe just because work is too crazy, I don't have the time to get involved, and if I can't end game, I don't want to play. Clash of Clans on iphone/ipad is my home for the moment ;P waiting on the public beta for wild-star. Bought and played Diablo III, made it to inferno in like 4 days as a barb...quit just because the game was pretty lame at that point. Played GW2 for 1 hour before I uninstalled it Sad I don't know what it is..... Thanks for the positive note tho buddy Smiley
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »

I still miss those stressful late nights fighting for land in AO. Good times and I would do it all over again! All of the new games look short lived and I doubt I can get in depth in panda land when it releases.

I remember when I was still in The Dojo, RP'in, and you guys would call for help to defend ya'll base super early or super late, was amazing times...it's true what they say, nothing is ever as good after the first time Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: