adrastus-ao forums
February 25, 2018, 08:25:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: adrastus.com & adrastus.org are now linked to this site!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SWTOR Anyone?  (Read 7680 times)
Aradda
Members
Freshman

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:07 AM »

Late into the convo but my wife and I will be playing SWTOR.

It is very WOW, which is not a bad thing, after playing many MMOs the controls in WOW just work. I find that if you fiddle with them just a bit you can either A) make the game feel strange or B) actually improve it. Unfortunately the results are almost always A because not enough testing goes into that aspect.

I do agree though I kind of miss the "openess" of skill point allocation. But I understand why developers do it, it simplifies balancing. But even with things like AO you have some best of the best builds and to do anything else tends to gimp your character so it is not as open as we would like to think it is. But I do miss AO's twinking, I don't think we will ever see the likes of it again, god how I miss running around for an hour trying different ways of getting that 1 extra tutorial point to equip something else that would give me the points to put in that one extra implant level that would let me get into that other piece of armor that would...

I we are starting Republic side first with Jedi ( I did really love the IA too, the Shiv was a cool effect ). Just waiting on seeing when we get early access, I didn't pre order till Oct so I have a feeling we might not get in till tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:49:41 AM by Aradda » Logged
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:09 AM »

Actually the controls and UI are terrible ;p

I'm playing this, am on Wound in the Force, Empire side. Currently all raid content done minus hard mode SOA as its virtually impossible the way its tuned. But the games fun. Refreshment on how well balance the pvp is and the raids being technical but not rediculously crazy with mechanics is bright. The UI as i said is utterly bad, especially for healing, no eay to track DOTS, raid frames are bad, no debuffs showing and such, just reminds me of what a ui/frame setup from 15 years ago felt like.

Hopefully they'll be adding a combat log an allowing for simple UI/Raid add ons. I wouldn't mind them never allowing in something like boss mods, but atleast a proper raid frame mod that shpwed debuffs/buffs and a way to have more then 2 bottom bars so there's no need for the right/left.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 02:58:20 AM »

The UI isn't the best that's for sure.  The game is a nice distraction, the bugs are annoying, really finding the crash to login when joining WZ's particularly annoying.  Also the guild I'm in tried a big event in Illum which was crippled by lag, every time the Illum quest text popped up on screen it lagged everyone out.  Also it's not possible to kill base turrets (well it is but the instantly re-spawn).  As an IA i find the ability delay/responsiveness issue a real pain and cover bug is still not fixed.

Despite the champion bag loot lottery I've pretty much got the full champ PvP set.

I'm playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, actually mad a fat jedi warrior on wound in the force when our server went down Cheesy
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »

Very nice arc Smiley im on empire side, Body Type Four, but I'm body type 2, IA, healing spec. It's just rather annoying not being able to see time left on my hot's on the raid frame. The health bar scaling helped a bit for knowing who really needs healing but it's not enough. We cleared all of 8man nightmare this week minus SOA, 213k hp on the mind traps in 8man is an error lol. No possible way to destroy them in time and dps the boss, it's literally mathatically impossible. Got him to 3% in 16 man though, so atleast that portion is working.

I'm also sitting in nearly full champ gear  just missing head and mainhand, but am expecting to hit battlemaster this week! The 17th is 1.1, i'm not going to expect a whole lot of bug fixes, but the fix/change list and updates are pretty impressive. Just hope that it's a little less bug riddled then the game launch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:05:09 AM by Tubarolean » Logged
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »

Well dipped my toe into the PvE last week and cleared EV and KP on 8 man normal mode, going to clear them again this week and have a pop at hard mode.  Valour Rank 50 now with a full set of champ gear.  Really enjoyed the mechanics of some of the boss fights, wouldn't say they were to much of a challenge but fun none the less.

We have a fairly populated server so Illum isn't that bad, quite a bit of push and shove from Empire and Republic.

The bug's seem to be getting squashed at a fairly steady rate, personaly my experience as a sniper is that the classes are fairly well balanced despite the screaming and whinning on the forums.  I'd say the foundations are fairly solid, lets hope they nail the responsivness issue.
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 01:14:42 AM »

haha nice, be glad you didn't get the 240k hp on the mindtraps bug in nightmare 8 man, was fun ;P we've cleared karaggas hard, should have nightmare down this week.

I don't really understand why they are nerfing Operative damage, it honestly isn't that bad unless they seriously overgear you. If you survive their opening burst, they die fairly easy. I solo them all the time as a healing Operative. Other then that, it's usually a really fair fight imo, comes down to best rotation/counters.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

I never found operatives that bad either, maybe the initial CC was a tad strong, but to be fair CC in the game is out of hand, Resolve flat out doesn't work most of the time, CC's that should break on dmg don't etc etc.  The insane damage came from the stacking of buffs and was not limited to operatives, this got fixed in 1.1 and coupled with the fact that more people are running around with a good amount of expertise I don't think any one class is hitting people for silly damage.

Personally i tend to get 4-4.5k on an ambush crit without buffs, guessing i might be able to push that nearer 5k with buffs on a light armour wearer.  My PvE damage however is insane Cheesy  Just wish they would hurry up and fix Tier 3 weapons
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: