adrastus-ao forums
August 15, 2018, 03:58:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: adrastus.com & adrastus.org are now linked to this site!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SWTOR Anyone?  (Read 8219 times)
Arcvile
Novice

« on: November 07, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »

Anyone planning on playing at launch?
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

Definitely maybe!
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »

Received a beta invite yesterday.  Anyone else doing beta coming up?
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »

Yup got the invite to the stress test weekend here as well. 27gig download on a on A 2meg line is gonna hurt
gondul
Global Moderator
Experienced

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

27 gigs?  Shocked  That seems a tad excessive...

-Gon

Do unto others, then run...
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »

Huh, don't recall mine being that much.
I did DL the launcher and such, patched up for when the beta weekend starts.
But I am getting way more interested in the Secret World.  The recent press reviews look very promising.
No levels (sorta), no classes, definitely, and some interesting quest ideas.
But again, it's FC.  Not that I didn't devote 7 years of my life to FC already....

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_previews_hit_today

Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »

So far so good, little buggy (can't logout, cute trick huh?).

How's your experience?
To me it does feel a bit like KOTOR on steroids, and I'm sort of over lightsabers. 

Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 07:39:20 AM »

What server are you on jutters? and whats your toon name?

I'm in the second wave of testers so don't get in game for another hour or so

I agree on the Secret World, it really does like good, SWTOR is just a filler for me.  Who is up for resurrecting Adrastus for Secret World?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:40:56 AM by Arcvile » Logged
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »

That'd be awesome.  I'm leaning illuminati, has that Omni feel to it.
I forget what server I was on, everything was full just picked something, still in the temple area startup stuff.
Let me know what you're on and I'll log to it laters.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:37 AM »

I'm leaning towards illuminati as well, though London looks pretty damn good in the preview shots.

I'm playing an imperial agent on Dorin Sky - EU PvE
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:20 AM »

I do like the imperial agent the most so far. 
Have to say though, the more I play the more i fee like, wow, this is exactly like KOTOR but it's an mmo and is a smidge, smidge less linear. 
The long cutscenes are getting to me.  There has to be a way to get through convos without all the acting and talking!!!!

Also, only having one skill or two per level, no real choices with development, it's a bit simple minded.

No twinking in this game!
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 09:24:05 AM »

Just trying a Jedi Knight at the moment, story is weaker than the IA, did a flashpoint with the IA, the group conversations don't really work imho. The story certainly makes the usual fetch carry kill quests go quicker, game seems to flow nicely.

I agree on the simple development, but that is the way MMO's seem to be going - I long to allocate stat points like in AO.

You can speed up the convos by hitting left mouse, stops them gabbling, just read the summary text Smiley
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »

Will anyone be playing?  I'm will be there at launch and rolling an imperial agent, tried most classes out on each side over the beta weekends and for me the IA stands out.
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »

I don't know, may take up eve on the three months for 15 bucks thing in the meanwhile, before Secret World comes out.

I have to say TSW just keeps on making me anxious.

Spoke with Cdogg, the current head of the Rennaissance in AO, and he is in beta, says he loves but his computer is a little too old for it.  He said it looks great, combat's great, and he loves the quests and such.  Said the pvp was actually fun, who'da thunk.

You know, a game with no levels, i mean, it's just something that will take a while to sink in that you can't look at someone and figure out how strong they should be just based on gear and the number next to their name.

Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »

I used to love EVE, but it takes over your life Smiley  Got an account you can have if you want, think the character has around 7mil skill points.

I think TSW will be a breath of fresh air.  Looking forward to spending hours putting together different builds and such.  do we get to allocate stat points? or is it solely gear and skills?  The no level thing should be interesting, I remember reading that mobs don't have levels, you had to gauge how tough they were by their looks.  So could it be a thinking persons mmo? I hope so.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: