adrastus-ao forums
February 23, 2018, 07:08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Registration will only be enabled on weekends (if I remember)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret World  (Read 9385 times)
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:04 AM »

Fellow Doods and Doodettes,

some ingame footage:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-the-secret/63665

Looks pretty cool actually, little bit of AO and some fallen earth thrown in.

Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

Always good to see someone trying a different genre.  Fallen Earth appears to be holding itself pretty well.  The action sequences look interesting as well.  Appears they may have tried to use the AoC system.

Personally,  I'm putting a lot of my faith in PlanetSide Next.  I've been leaning more and more towards MMOFPS.  Earthrise also has my attention...if Masthead ever releases it.  I still say Tabula Rasa was the best combat system released in the last 4 years.

On another note, in my adventures in PlanetSide, I recently ran across Kijomimi.  Kinda odd to run into old AO'ers, especially in a very niche game (at least now).
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:27:18 AM »

Supposedly this game is going beta soon.  Those of us still active in AO were told last weekend that if we played this hello kitty online game FC made for a stress test, we would get free beta keys to TSW.

I got to a level 12 bear in the hello kitty game so I'm hoping for my key!!!!

Anyone else get a key?
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »

Interesting development.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32371/EA_Partners_Funcom_CoPublishing_The_Secret_World_MMO.php
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:09 AM »

Getting more and more interesting.

And it looks like the graphics got a steroids boost.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/media

Nice to have EA behind it now huh?
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »

Great singular idea.  But, freedom of play will only get them so far.

They will need a solid reason for PvP (i.e. Notum Wars).  Gotta give them credit for 3 sides.  Too many games only try to do PvP with 2, it just doesn't work for MMOs, not well at least.

My interest is piqued.  With a compelling PvP story, I may have to drop some hours on this one.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »

I'm watching this one closely, I really hope they pull it off.  Agree that they need a solid reason for PvP, some form of tangible benefit like you got from towers makes PvP worthwhile, not a never ending grind for points for gear that gets outdated quickly.
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »

I'm torn between SW and SWTOR, leaning towards SWTOR at this point.

Bunnz
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 08:08:56 AM »

I just hate the star wars world so much these days.  The light saber for some fat short dood, or someone with swinging hair and all that crap?  Meh!

I'm sure it'll be the best game in town though when it comes out, so I'll definitely take a look.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »

I can't see SW being out in the next 6 months, so I've pre-ordered SWTOR to fill in the MMO gap.  SWTOR will no doubt be good, but I can't see it holding me long term.
Arcvile
Novice

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »

The more details they release the more I'm looking forward to this games;

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/5549/The-Secret-World-PAX-2011-Three-Faction-Persistent-PVP-Detailed.html

3 Faction persistent world PvP with faction wide benefits!!
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »

It does look good Arc. Smiley

Hey question for anyone who might know. i was poking into my AO account yesterday and remembered my password.. so still poking around... Trying to see if funcom can give me a free come back trial to bum around for a while. This is a retarded question, but go figure... I'm bunny!

If your account is innactive does your forum account get blocked from posting as well? Mine won't let me do anything.
Just need to see if i need to contact customer service or if it is working as intended.

Geesh 2008 since I've paid for AO... seems like yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

Bunnz
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

you have to be paying customer to use the forums, bunnz.

I actually have a TSW beta key too, so i'm pretty excited!
BunnyBdoc
Members
Neophyte

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »

Working on a key nao! haha.

Thanks Juttlers.
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »

Alright, so April 2012.  At least it's a start date for them to say they're releasing it.

Looks like they're basically taking from things like warhammer and the notum wars in terms of the persistent pvp.  thank goodness, that's my favorite part of AO, needs to be integral to the game.

Post if you get into beta!  I did the pets v. monsters thing so I should have two beta keys, if all else fails for j0o.

plus if i get in i'll let joo borrow to see it if you don't.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: