adrastus-ao forums
November 17, 2019, 11:54:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: adrastus.com & adrastus.org are now linked to this site!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Aion?  (Read 24540 times)
Silars
Apprentice

« on: September 14, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »

Anyone out there considering Aion?

Seems my days in Tabula Rasa got me a free sub/CE edition of Aion.  Probably will put a few hours into it and gauge whether it worth another month.

Anyone already picked a server or guild?
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »

Yes, yes and yes.

Tubs has formed a guild, and I believe he picked the server, etc.  I think we're going to be Asmodai, and tubs is going to be the tank muhahaha. 

I'll give you the details after I check with Tubs.

We tried the open beta together.  Graphics are like, best part of AoC with the magic of WoW, and a little lineage in there for good measure, really solid, really smooth.  Combat is nice and simple, closer to warhammer.  Questing is close to Wow and War.  I personally didn't get to pvp or raid much, but the youtubes I've seen of instances look solid. 

Over all it was a pretty fun game, there were a couple of negatives I was worried about, like the starting area being the same for everyone per side (although that's the way it is in AO), and I have no idea how the instances are.  But the positives are it is really stabile because it's already been released big time in asia, and the graphics and gameplay were very nice.   scales fell pretty well to the positive experience.

At least it's worth a try.

I'll nudge tubs for details, I believe the guild is called "Frantic".
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »

Ok,
www.frantic-guild.com

Triniel server.

Asmodai.

be there or be [].
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »

Website was just started yesterday :O I've never designed a site before so bear with me if it's complete trash!
Jutlin
Members
Novice

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »

It does remind me of some 1990's UO guild site right now....
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 07:20:28 PM »

lolol...maybe thats what i'm looking for!
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

Awesome.  I'll be setting up my toons there on the 18th.  Assuming you don't mind me tagging along? Cheesy

I did play the last few days of beta as Asmodean.  Did a Sorcerer to 14...a little Priest as well (level 6).  I'll probably have a few others that will follow me (Played a Warrior and Scout/Ranger).

The next question:  What classes are we looking at?

I'm not too picky on any particular class, but Scouts appear to be very popular.  If you made me pick, I'd probably go Sorcerer or Cleric.
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »

Oh, and besides Tubs and Jut...anyone else we know going to be around?  Canto?

And, funny enough, I ran into Tubarolean in AO recently!  He didn't seem to remember me Sad.  Turns out Tubs isn't Tubs anymore.
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »

lol ya...I sold my account for nearly pennies lol...well $250 a couple years after I stopped playing actually. And sure, just register on the forums and I'll bump you up to member.
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 07:32:35 AM »

Hehe, that's what I found out.  Quite a nice fellow, so he's representing you well.

So, Mr. GM, no idea on what classes we'll need to be functional?  Or will there be a ton of folks in this guild to start and it doesn't matter?

Also, expect an app from Greamare.  He's part of the fellows I said who would follow me.  There might be 1-2 more...they are still deciding.

Hopefully that is ok?
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »

the more the merrier, just make sure they know since they are coming from outside of the group of people that are founding the guild they will be expected to apply and go through the app process. As far as classes, not really sure yet so whatever we end up with we end up with.
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »

Will do.  I apologize for the brevity of Greamare's application.  That was entirely my fault.  Wasn't aware of the scope of the guild/legion.

How many folks do you expect on release?

Heh, from reading the Aion forums, it sounds like everyone will want to be an Assassin.
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

I think we're getting near 15-20 for the release. Assassins are fun man, I lvl'd one to 22 in the last beta, had a 30 templar and tried some other classes as well.
Silars
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:40:11 PM »

Damn, that's a good number of folks.  What's the history...all old WoW buddies?

I guess I'll make a Priest/Mage to hold spots and see how folks show up the first few days.

Did you find it better to solo grind or group grind to start?  As far as I could tell, there was no PvP until 25+ anyhow.  Thus, little to no need to stick together for grinding safety.

I'm a little worried about how potent (i.e. OP) Assassins appear to be.  Not to mention, they appear to smoke all the other DPS in PvE as well.  Little to no reason to play any other classes except Templar, Assassin, Cleric, or Chanter.  Maybe sneak in a Ranger or two.

Are the Forums lying to me?
Tubarolean
Members
Rookie

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »

Groupimg is the fastest by far but sometimes you're left grinding til you level due to not enough xp. Soloing is easy as long as you habe a survivability class. If any class is op i would have to say chanter. My understanding is assassins go op at 25 or 26. Til then its good dps for soloing but get an add and its pretty much gg. I would recommend getting on with us for the power leveling. I'll be on the minute the head start opens and will not log off til wednesday morning most likely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: